The Victor Valley Transit Authority and National Express will be holding a hiring even from 10am – 3pmt on February 18 and 25, 2020 at the Historic Harvey House in Barstow, CA. Located at 685 N. 1st Ave, Barstow, CA 92311.
We will be looking to fill positions for both our Barstow and Hesperia locations for Transit Drivers, Utility Workers and Maintenance techs I, II, III
- California Driver’s License (3 years)
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class B license with Passenger & Airbrake Endorsement (Preferred NOT REQUIRED)
- Must have a high degree of attention and considerable skill in the control of vehicles
- Must have a clean driving record
- Be able to pass a DOT Physical, background check, and pre-employment drug screening
- Provide excellent customer service
- Must show great judgment and problem solving skills
MAINTENANCE TECHS I, II, III
- Range of one to five years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience
- Technical and fleet knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
- Possess the recommended minimum hand tools for a Diesel Technician
- Ability to use good judgment and decision making skills
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
- ASE Certification desirable but not required for company vehicles in assigned location
- Interest in the automotive industry
- Knowledge of requirements related to safe working practices and conditions and maintenance of a safe work environment
- Basic knowledge of information technology and software programs to enter data and retrieve work orders
- Valid appropriate licenses and/or certification required to operate company vehicles in assigned location
Free training program for drivers and mechanics.
If you are unable to attend, please apply online to careers.nellc.com or contact Melanie Thompson at 760-995-3560 for more information.