Request for Letters of Interest and Notice of Availability of a Request for Qualifications for a Design-Build Contract for the Barstow Bus Maintenance & Operations Facility for a 30-bus fleet consisting of a mix of 40’ transit buses and 25’ cutaway buses and Future Transfer Centers. Victor Valley Transit Authority (VVTA) hereby solicits Letters of Interest from contractor teams (Teams) interested in completing the design and constructing of the Barstow Maintenance and Operations Facility and future Transfer Centers located in Victorville, CA, and Hesperia, CA, on a fixed price/fixed term basis. The Project is being procured in accordance with a two-part, best-value Design-Build procurement process authorized under CA P.C.C. Division 2, Part 3, Chapter 4 [22160-22169] and 49 U.S.C. § 5325(d)(2). This Project includes the design and construction of a new Facility in Barstow, CA. The Facility is anticipated to be approximately 8500 square feet with three maintenance bays, parts, tools, and tire storage, and 2,400 square feet of office space for operations. The Facility will be of a metal structure with an appealing façade and internal walls for necessary office and maintenance space. The facility will be located on approximately 5.5 acres that surround the current Barstow LCNG fuel station located at 100 N. Sandstone Court, Barstow, CA. 92311. VVTA is in the process of sourcing and purchasing property for two new future Transfer Centers in Victorville, and Hesperia, CA. The Scope of these projects will be based on the final square footage of the properties to determine the best fit for the new centers. Once the properties are identified and the procurement of the property begins, VVTA will release an RFP to the short list of Teams approved through the evaluation process of the RFQ. This Project is being funded by Federal Transit Authority (FTA) funds. Contractor teams are advised to carefully review all contract requirements and to keep complete and accurate records of all spending in the event of contract award. The successful Team and any of its subcontractors shall be responsible for complying with the applicable provisions of FTA grant funding which are incorporated herein by reference and all federal and state laws applicable to federally funded projects. The Project’s cost is estimated at approximately $6,8000,000 and will include the obligation to provide a five-year warranty for certain elements of the completed work.
Download RFQ-2017-14 Invitation Notice PDF
- PUBLISHED DATE: July 25, 2017
- PURPOSE: Victor Valley Transit Authority (VVTA) is seeking bids from responsible and responsive Vendors who can provide Cradle Point WIFI Devices needed to operate VVTA’s newly awarded Intelligent Transportation System (ITS.) The award of the bid will be to the Bidder whose overall price for the products and services requested is the lowest. The period of performance for this installation and maintenance of the system shall be for three (3) years with two (2) optional 1-year extensions.
- BID DUE DATE / REQUIREMENTS: Sealed bids must be received by 3:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Thursday, August 31, 2017. The sealed bids will be publicly opened and the bid amounts will be read aloud to all who are present.
- PRE-PROPOSAL MEETING & QUESTIONS: There will not be a pre-bid meeting/job walk for this solicitation, however, the last day for questions is on Friday, August 11, 2017, by 5:00 PM. Bidders are requested to submit written questions to the Procurement Manager, identified above, in writing. Responses shall be shared with all prospective bidders by written addenda only.
Download RFP-2017-11 PDF RFP-2017-11 Addendum PDF RFP-2017-11 Addendum 2 PDF
- August 25, 2017: The Bid Opening/Due date has been extended to Thursday, September 14, 2017, at 3:00 PM, Pacific Time. Addendum No. 2 – which includes the answers to all questions that were asked prior to the deadline for questions on Friday, August 11, 2017, will be published no later than Thursday, September 7, 2017.
- September 18, 2017: During this morning’s Board meeting, the VVTA Board of Directors approved the cancellation of VVTA IFB 2017-11. This addendum is to communicate the cancellation of this solicitation.