NTC Commuter Routes & Schedules
VVTA WILL CONTINUE "ON BASE" SHUTTLE FOR THE NTC COMMUTER SERVICE THROUGH MARCH 14, 2014.
Click here to read the Riders Alert... (PDF)
The current NTC Commuter Schedule is effective through March 14, 2014. Click here....
Learn more about the NEW MEGA Pass. Click here.
Fort Irwin Base Map Inbound, click here.
Fort Irwin Base Map Outbound, click here.
Click one of the video links below for more information on the NTC Commuter.
Service Operates Monday through Friday
NTC Commuter Fares - Beginning August 1, 2013
|Monthly NTC Commuter Pass (Victorville/Fort Irwin, Barstow/Fort Irwin)
|MEGA Pass: Elderly, Handicapped, and Disabled
|Regular One-way Fare (Victorville and Barstow)
|Children 5 and Under
||Free (up to 3 children per adult fare)
NTC Commuter Passes
The MEGA Pass is specifically intended for individuals who work on Fort Irwin, but their employers do not offer the Mass Transportation Benefit Program (General Public and non-DOD workers). The MEGA Pass is a monthly pass and will be valid for rides on the NTC Commuter, the BV-Link connecting Barstow, Victorville, and San Bernardino Valley, County routes, and all Regional fixed routes. A half-price is available for elderly or disabled passengers as well.
The NTC Commuter Pass is valid on all VVTA services except Vanpools, deviated service surcharge and Direct Access service for the frail elderly and disabled.*
*These include NTC Commuter, the BV-Link connecting Barstow, Victorville, and San Bernardino Valley, County routes, and all Regional fixed routes.
*There are no discounts for students, elderly, and disabled as this is a commuter service and exempt from such requirements.
No refunds or replacements for lost, stolen, mutilated or unused passes/tickets. Damaged cards may be replaced at VVTA's discretion.
NTC Commuter Pass Sales Locations
- VVTA Administrative Office and Barstow City Hall
- Cash, credit/debit, & check. Please check with location for more details.
NTC Commuter Pass
- DOD workers eligible for the MTBP will receive a Visa debit card from Jo Melucci and will now purchase their monthly passes from special vending machines located on the Base at the Main Exchange and Starbucks Town Center.
- Main Exchange Normal Hours: M-Sat: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on Sundays and Holidays; block leave schedule excepted
- Starbucks Town Center Normal Hours: M-F 6:00 am to 8:00 pm and 7:00 am to 7:00 pm on Sat & Sun
- These machines will only accept the MTBP Visa debit card.
- VVTA will not sell MTBP NTC Commuter Passes.
Mass Transportation Benefit Program (MTBP)
The Monthly NTC Commuter Pass can be offset by the Mass Transportation Benefits Program (MTBP), $245 per month, for all employees on base. To enroll, contact the MTBP office on the Fort Irwin NTC base. For more information, click here.
Non-DoD employees, please contact your employer and request that they consider providing the Mass Transportation Benefit Program (MTBP). To learn more about the program click here.
NTC Commuter General Guidelines
Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis.